Rogue Trader Lincoln

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Crap4more

Here is a true story.
I needed to purchase a car. A reliable but cheap car. I saw a car advertised in the local paper at a place called cars4less in Lincoln.
Great I thought. Small car. Cheap insurance, cheap tax and economical. Perfect for what I needed it for, which was driving to work. So I go and have a look. Starts first time, electrics work, clutch worn, but it has almost a years MOT. It'll do. So I purchase the car.
The next day I get up for work, get in the car and head off. On the way I stop at a news agents, buy some cigarettes, get back in the car, turn the ignition, nothing happens. It's dead.
Now, I would expect a car to last more than two fucking days before breaking down, but not a car from Cars4less. Oh no. And the worst thing was the fault. A faulty alternator. This means that Crap4less knowingly sold me the car with this fault. They just charged the battery up enough so that it would drive off their forecourt, and knew that it would fail sooner or later.
This really pisses me off, the fact they knew the alternator was faulty and didn't tell me.
I have been deceived, but for anyone else considering buying a car in Lincoln, take this story into account. It is all true.
I didn't get a car4less, I got a piece of crap, I got ripped off, and it cost me more.

1 Comments:

  • I feel really sorry for you, but even more for me I spent £six thousand on a meriva enjoy 2004 and it has been in the work shop four times with the engine management light then Exhaust emission light coming on all this from having the car for three months befor it started to go wrong, after the first time I used the cruise control,

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home